Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: OK, this is just effed up.

  1. #1
    Inactive Member baimun's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 6th, 2001
    Posts
    6,345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't think the compromise is unreasonable.

    The picture can be put in the yearbook in a section called "Community Activities" to show his involvement with his sport.

    If it's a "school" yearbook, I would think it's fine to have a certain sense of consistancy thoughout the student picture section. Also, it wouldn't imply that the school itself has a gun club or program.

    Even if the kid was a skydiver, I don't think a picture of someone in goggles and a helmet at 5000 feet would mesh well in that section of the yearbook.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member DemonsAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2004
    Posts
    6,043
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i can see where people would get pissed about that.... but damn if that's what he likes then... leave it alone... don't even get me started on kids being able to express themselves [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member KillerKanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2004
    Posts
    2,799
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'd expect that up here, but I though you Yanks had a more liberal attitude toward guns.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Darkest Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2004
    Posts
    5,299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, this is one of the issues I diverge from my fellow liberals on.

    Now, to clarify...my understanding was that this school allowed "personal" phots of seniors reflecting their specific interests, clubs, whatever. So, y'know, the 4-Hers migh get a pic with a calf, gearheads with...I dunno...an engine block...whatever. So, if that is the case ( I may be mistaken), this photo is not a problem that I can see.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Andyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    13,640
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well as moon boy said, some people just want a certain continuity in their senior section. Of course, that may just be a slick move just to avoid the issue altogether.

    To be quite honest here...when in the hell did senior pictures become these goddam Hollywood productions anyway? I did maybe 3 poses total in some horrid corduroy suit and that was that! I didn't give a feck if I could show my hobby! It was just a stinkin' mug shot for cripe sake!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member baimun's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 6th, 2001
    Posts
    6,345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I provided my high school with a picture of me from my band. They didn't like the guitar being in the picture so instead they used a picture from my Junior year.

    There are other pictures of me in the yearbook playing guitar though, so it looks funny when my hair is twice as long in those pictures as it is in the horrible junior year shot.

    In fact... that's where this pic came from. My yearbook.

    baimun 84

    They just didn't want the other pic where you could see the guitar neck in that section.

    actually, I think they would have been happier with "not pictured:" but you know... [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ October 13, 2004 03:08 PM: Message edited by: Baimun ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Darkest Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2004
    Posts
    5,299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We had to do cap and gown shots. *shudder* In any case, the yearbooks went in the trash years and years ago, I didn't care when I got them, and no emotional attachment developed with the passing of time. I can't imagine making such a big deal out of anything involved in school, but to imply that something as innocent as trap and skeet is somehow a bad influence is so ludicrous as to be offensive to the senses.

    On a strictly personal level, in other words, I don't care. However, if other kids get to display personal pics, let him have his. Christ, people...grow up.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Andyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    13,640
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh I fully agree with you DA. My daughter is on the yearbook staff this year...I shall pose this one to her.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Darkest Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2004
    Posts
    5,299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    They are just lucky its not me. How would they like a picture of some guy spitting a mouthful of blood at a crucifix? Would that give 'em the willies? Hey, Fluff, ask yer daughter how THAT would fly! [img]wink.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Andyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    13,640
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm sure if you just replaced the blood with Nicklodeon green slime it would be fine! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •